1. Prepare a padded surface, such as a yoga mat or a folded blanket or towel. Begin by kneeling on the floor, sitting on your heels with your big toes together, with your knees separated at hip-width.
2. Exhale and lower your torso down between your thighs. Reach your tailbone away from the back of your pelvis, and also lengthen your neck.
3. Lay your arms out in front of your torso with your palms pointing downwards and your fingertips, and loosen your shoulders towards the floor, stretching out your shoulder blades and lengthening your back.
4. Remain in this position for at least 30 seconds or longer, as this is essentially a ‘resting pose’. Release on an exhale return to the original position, rising from your pelvis.
Balasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold