Because the prana (energy) must extend through your entire body, it is best to sit with your spine erect. Your neck and head should be in a straight line, but not rigid. The classic beginning sitting pose for pranayama and meditation is the Easy Pose, or Sukhasana. (Sukha means “comfortable” or “joy.”)
It stretches and straightens the spine, which is the fundamental conductor in pranayama, and focuses the mind.
Beginning a Basic Pranayama Practice Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Why Do Those Micro Movements In Pilates Classes Burn Like Crazy?
- 7 Power Yoga Poses to Help You Pain
- 6 Best Ways for a Safe Yoga Practice
- What Can You Do To Avoid Yoga-Induced Harm?
- Is It Safe to Yoga During Pregnancy?