Beginning Rowing Fitness Program
During the first few workouts, start conservatively by rowing for 10 minutes at a rate of about 20 strokes per minute with a moderate resistance. Exercise at about 60% effort. Do this workout three times during the first week. The movement is deceptively easy and invigorating. You are, however, using all the major muscle groups in the body and are probably not ready for a more intense exercise program.
Beginning Rowing Fitness Program Photo Gallery
After the first workout, do a series of 5-minute intervals during the first few weeks of training. For example, row for 5 minutes, rest 3 minutes, row 5 minutes, then rest 3 minutes. Build up until you can do 4-6 repetitions of 5-minute exercise intervals, resting only 1 minute between sets. Gradually, increase the time for each interval to 15 minutes and vary the rowing cadence from 20 to 25 strokes per minute. Your first short-term goal is to complete 30 minutes of continuous rowing without stopping.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss