EXERCISE FOR OSTEOPOROSIS
• For cardiorespiratory endurance activities, exercise at the maximum intensity that causes no significant discomfort. If possible, choose low-impact, weight-bearing exercises to help safely maintain bone density. (See Chapter 8 for strategies for building and maintaining bone density.)
Photo Gallery of EXERCISE FOR OSTEOPOROSIS
Click to on Photo for Next EXERCISE FOR OSTEOPOROSIS Images
• To prevent fractures, avoid any activity or movement that stresses the back or carries a risk of falling.
• Include weight training in your exercise program to improve strength and balance and to reduce the risk of falls and fractures. Always use proper exercise technique and avoid lifting heavy loads.
• Include muscle-strengthening exercises three days per week.
• Include bone-strengthening exercises, such as jumping, at least three days per week.