This simple move will build up your lowerback muscles, and work lazy hamstrings and bottoms, too
This is a great exercise for those who work at a desk, targeting the muscles that can get lazy while you’re sedentary (think: bottom, hamstrings, back and core).
HOW TO DO IT
● Stand with your feet shoulderwidth apart and your hands at the back of your head with your elbows open wide (A). Advanced exercisers can hold a barbell across their shoulders – use a light weight though.
● Take a breath and engage your stomach muscles, then hinge forwards from your hips, keeping a slight bend in your knees and your back flat.
● Lean forwards till you feel a slight stretch in your hamstrings (back of thighs, B).
● Reverse the move to stand up, squeezing your glutes at the end.
Great Exercises You Can Do at Your Desk Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- 6 Best Weight Training Exercises
- Strength Training & Weight Training
- Women’s Yoga Program Development
- A new breed of fitness programmes is set to overhaul your body image!
- The Best Yoga Poses for Carve Your Core