Side Lying Pose
- Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
- 2 long eighth-fold blankets
- 2 square eighth-fold blankets
- 2 blocks (or large hardcover books)
- Single Leg up the Chair
- Gentle Open Twist
- Supported Pigeon
- Seated Butterfly
- Side Lying Pose
- Not all sciatic pain is the same. Skip any poses that increase your discomfort.
- If lying on one side worsens your symptoms, only do Side Lying Pose on the side that alleviates your symptoms.
- Helps relieve sciatic pain by gently stretching the piriformis muscle, relieving pressure from your spine, and improving pelvic alignment.
- . Begin with Single Leg up the Chair . Do both sides for 5 to 7 minutes each.
- . Stack your 2 long eighth-fold blankets in front of you and guide yourself into 3 to 5 minutes in Gentle Open Twist , placing the square eighth-fold blanket between your knees for comfort.
- . Leave the long eighth-fold blankets as they are and turn yourself around to repeat the pose on the other side, repositioning the square eighth-fold blanket accordingly. After you’ve completed both sides, press yourself up to a sitting position, move the blankets aside, and move to your hands and knees facing your bolster for 3 to 5 minutes in Supported Pigeon .
- . After you’ve completed both sides, press yourself up to hands and knees, arrange your bolster on a block, and come to a seated position for Seated Butterfly for 5 to 8 minutes.
- . Complete your practice with 5 to 8 minutes in Side Lying Pose .
If you‘re short on time and experiencing discomfort, do Supported Pigeon daily as it is likely the most effective pose for quick relief.
Sciatica S.O.S Side Lying Pose Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
A sequence for sciatic pain and piriformis syndrome relief 40 to 60 minutes
Single Leg up the Chair
Gentle Open Twist
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Pose : Inward Bound
- The 10 Most Important Yoga Poses for Beginners
- Yoga Pose : Seated Meditation Pose
- Easy Yoga Poses – Legs Up the Chair
- Yoga Poses: Single Leg Up the Chair