ENJOY THIS SWEET AND EARTHY ROOT, PACKED FULL OF VITAMINS AND PERFECT IN A MULTITUDE OF DISHES
Beetroot has a chequered reputation – largely thanks to the sour cubes of pickled beetroot we remember from childhood, but that doesn’t need to be the way! Beetroot is in fact a versatile ingredient coming in an array of colours and depths of flavour, to brighten up any dish. But what do the different varieties all have in common?
Superfood in focus: Beetroot Photo Gallery
They are all packed full of vitamins, fibre and antioxidants, meaning this humble root really should be one of your five-a-day. As well as the root itself, which is jam-packed with vitamin C, the leafy tops you would often cut off and throw away are an excellent source of iron, vitamins and potassium, and can be used in the same way as other leafy greens, such as spinach. As well as all this, beetroot is low in calories, making it a real powerhouse in the kitchen.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences How To Rehabilitate A Sprained Knee
- What are the signs that your baby isn’t getting enough sleep?
- Yoga Practice Beginners How To Arch Support
- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners That Will Help You Recognize Your Strength
- Yoga Poses to Help You Lose Weight