“Aim for at least five portions of fruit and veg per day, as these are rich sources of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that promote joint repair and reduce inflammation.
What Foods Can Alleviate Arthritis? Photo Gallery
“Dark berries are especially rich in polyphenols that help to reduce joint inflammation and can even protect against gout. Fruit and veg also supply vitamin C which is needed for collagen production and joint repair. Curry spices such as turmeric contain curcumin which reduces cartilage destruction in osteoarthritis, and is as effective as ibuprofen for reducing joint pain.
“Oily fish provides antiinflammatory omega-3 which can reduce pain intensity, and decrease the duration of morning stiffness. Avocado is emerging as a beneficial food for joints, too. It contains nutrients such as protein, and its fat content stimulates the repair of cartilage. For cooking, I recommend using olive oil which may help to protect against rheumatoid arthritis.”
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences How To Rehabilitate A Sprained Knee
- What are the signs that your baby isn’t getting enough sleep?
- Yoga Practice Beginners How To Arch Support
- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners That Will Help You Recognize Your Strength
- Yoga Poses to Help You Lose Weight