Extend the crown of your head towards the floor
Feel the stretch in the backs of your thighs
HIPS & BACK
Bend forward at the hips. If you feel back pain, bend your knees slightly
Extend your chest to help lengthen your spine
Stay in this pose for 30 secs to one min, gently increasing the stretch after the first few /A seconds.
YOGA POSE HAMSTRING HELP Photo Gallery
This standing forward bend will stretch and lengthen your hamstrings and lower back, plus relieve tension in your shoulders. Feel all that stress melt away and how refreshed you are when you stand up!
HOW TO DO IT
• Stand straight, feet wider than hip-width apart, hands on your hips. Exhale and bend forward, drawing
Your belly in slightly and focusing on lengthening your torso.
• Keeping your knees straight, grasp your big toes with your thumbs and first two fingers, allowing your elbows to fold out to the sides, if possible.
• Let your head hang loose, letting the tension in your back and shoulder blades release.
• Hold the pose for 30 seconds to one minute, then bring your hands back to your hips. Engage your core and rotate at the hip joint to help you stand back up.
MAKE IT EASIER
If your hamstrings are tight, bend your knees and grasp your ankles or shins.
MAKE IT HARDER
If you have flexible hamstrings, place your hands flat on the floor, outside or behind your feet.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Wearing the wrong running shoes
- How to Squat Properly – A Step-By-Step Guide
- Workout Your Lower-Body Muscles Legs, Bottom And Hips
- YOGA WORKOUT KICK-START A NEW YOU
- Celebrity Workout Routines – Exercise Programs