Yoga Recipe 3: Panchamrit
Contributed by Muktai Khandekar Badarayani, New York
Rujuta says: This is one of your hyper local, secret recipes that helps keep your hormones in a state of balance.
• Take one silver bowl, clean it thoroughly.
• Mix and keep in the silver bowl overnight.
• After you freshen up, eat this first thing in the morning for its good assimilation.
Yoga Poses For Pregnancy Constipation Photo Gallery
1. Do not use hot milk. Curd being one of the ingredients, the whole thing might turn into curd after you keep it overnight.
2. You can also use this preparation as a base for massaging your dry skin (especially on dry nipples which happens often during pregnancy).
Yoga Recipe 4: Beet raita
Contributed by Ankita Diwekar Kabra, Surat
Rujuta says: A nutrient-rich recipe that’s easy to cook and an alternative to cooking sabzis. Can be easily made by husband without goofing up.
1. Take 2 cups of boiled, peeled and mashed beetroot.
2. Add a cup of fresh curd to it and mix together.
3. Add salt, a pinch of sugar, chopped coriander and 2 chopped green chillies to the beetroot and curd mixture.
4. Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a small tempering pan. Add asafoetida and jeera to the ghee till it splutters.
5. Pour the tempering mixture over the raita and mix well.
Recipe 5: Suranache kaap (Yam)
Contributed by Rujuta Diwekar
Have added this so that husbands can contribute in the kitchen. The wife is not going to feel like a full-fledged meal, so she can eat this instead of nothing or just the ‘kaap’ instead of sabzi with either dahi-rice or just rice.
Suranache kaap (yam is called suran in Marathi) is a great starter by itself. It is traditionally served as an accompaniment with a hot meal of dal-chawal.
1. Roughly cut the outer skin of the yam with a sharp knife.
2. Chop the yam in big chunks / blocks.
3. Pressure cook the yam blocks and then allow to cool completely.
4. Slice the yam into V inch-thick long pieces. .
5. Shallow fry in oil on a cast-iron tava till the yam slices turn crispy on both sides.
6. Season with salt and red chilli powder.
7. Serve hot.
You can make ‘kaap’ with raw bananas and potatoes too. For these three, skip the pressure cooking step. You need to marinate the sliced vegetable with salt, turmeric and red chilli powder half an hour beforehand. Coat the sliced vegetables with rava (semolina) or rice flour before shallow frying.
The 7 Best Yoga Poses for Constipation
Yoga for constipation: 4 asanas to help with your bowel movements
Yoga Poses to Ease Constipation
6 Yoga Poses for Pregnant Mamas to Rock!
Yoga for Constipation: Poses for Relief
Yoga for 8 Months Pregnant Filled with Pictures Plus Newest …
Yoga Poses for Pregnant Mamas to Rock!
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold