Supported Forward Fold
Forward Bend • 5 to 8 minutes
Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
Block (or large hardcover book)
Square eighth-fold blanket
- If forward bending is contraindicated for your spine, substitute LegsUpthe Wallor Head to Bolster Pose.
- Supports and maintains your spine in normal, healthy flexion.
- Gently stretches your back muscles and hamstrings.
- Can help relieve neck and jaw tension and headache.
- Encourages inward contemplation and self-awareness.
- . Place a block on its tallest setting between your shins. Set the narrow end of the bolster in your lap so that the other end rests on the block. Place the blanket on the bolster and lean forward, resting your abdomen, heart, and cheek on the bolster. Relax your arms by your sides.
- . Halfway through, turn your head and place the opposite cheek down for an equal stretch of your neck.
- . Remain in Supported Forward Fold for 5 to 8 minutes. To exit, press your hands into the bolster and sit up.
If you can’t easily bring your torso to the bolster, add more blankets to bring the bolster to you so you can relax in the pose.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Virabhadrasana A: The Warrior Pose of Empowerment
- Embracing the Essence of Wide Legged Forward Bend: A Deep Dive
- Unlocking the Power of Prasarita Padottanasana: The Wide-Legged Forward Bend
- The Power and Elegance of the Wide Legged Forward Bend II Yoga Pose
- Mastering the Warrior II Pose: A Deep Dive into Its Benefits and Techniques