Reps and sets Perform this workout as a circuit. There are eight moves, so perform one set of an exercise for 40 seconds, rest for 20 seconds, then move on to the next exercise and so on. Then perform a second circuit of all exercises with the same work/rest intervals. No equipment needed!
Good for the core
● Start on all fours with your shoulders directly over your wrists and your hips over your knees.
● Looking between your hands, brace the core and extend your left arm and right leg. Hold and lower.
● Switch sides, performing the move on the right arm and left leg. Tip: keep a flat back throughout the move, and ensure your arms and legs lift to create a straight line. Don’t overextend and arch your back.
Your TOTAL BODY CHALLENGE : Tone your entire body and get fit Photo Gallery
Good for the hamstrings
● Lying on the floor, place your feet flat and knees at 90 degrees. Then place your hands on your hips.
● Lift your toes to rest on your heels and walk your feet away from your bottom, to nearly straight legs. Walk your feet back and repeat.
● Drive your hips up and squeeze the glutes throughout.
Tip: to make the exercise a bit easier, place your arms flat on the floor for added stability.
SINGLE-LEG HIP THRUST
Good for the quadriceps, hamstrings and glutes
● Lying on the floor, place your feet flat and knees at 90 degrees. Holding your left knee to your chest, push through your right heel to drive up and squeeze the glute. Lower and repeat reps.
● Switch sides. Tip: to add intensity, perform pulses at the top of the hip thrust. Place your feet further away for hamstring focus. The closer your feet are to your bottom, the more the focus is placed on your quadriceps.SIDE PLANK WEAVE Good for the shoulders, core and obliques
● Set up in a side plank, right shoulder stacked directly on top of the right elbow. Have the feet stacked on top of each other. Create a straight line from head to heel.
● Reach your left arm up to the sky and slowly rotate it under your torso, following with your eyes. Reach as far underneath as possible and return to upwards stretch.
● Perform full reps and switch sides.
● To aid stability, place the upper leg over and in front of the right foot to create a wider base. Tip: resist leaning forwards and pushing your bottom out – always try to maintain a straight body line.
PLANK SHOULDER TAPS
Good for the shoulders and core
● Start in a high plank position, with your hands directly under your shoulders and with your feet hip-width apart.
● Keeping your head, back and hips in a straight line, tap one hand to the opposite shoulder.
● Ensure the core and glutes are engaged throughout each rep.
● Tip: don’t let the hips dip to the floor. Keep the back flat enough to rest a drink on!
Good for the lower body and core
● Stand with your feet shoulder-width or slightly wider apart and push your bottom backwards into a squat position.
● While performing the squat, touch the floor with your hands, drive up out of the heels and stretch up to the ceiling onto your tiptoes.
● Keep your core tight throughout. Tip: when you’re completely comfortable with the technique, perform the move at speed to add extra intensity.
Good for the lower abs
● Lying on the floor, place your arms beside your body, with your palms facing down.
● Keep your knees bent to 90 degrees and legs perpendicular to the floor, breathe out, contract your abs to bring your knees to your chest and raise the hips off the floor.
● Hold and slowly return your legs to the starting position. Tip: resist rushing through the movement – use slow and mindful contractions of the abs.
A good full body exercise
● Start in standing position, lower your hands to the floor and kick the legs behind you into a high plank.
● Replace your hands with your feet popping forward to arrive into the sprawl position, with the knees bent at 90 degrees, elbows and knees, high chest, heels grounded.
● Replace your feet with your hands and drive the legs back into a high plank. Perform at speed for added intensity. Tip: keep your chest high and knees bent at 90 degrees in the sprawl.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Golden Rules of Running – Running Tips
- How to burn 500 calories everyday : 14 Days Plan
- HOW TO BUILD YOUR BODY
- Is it OK to train every day if you have a stressful life but find exercise helps calm you down?
- Top 3 Health and Fitness Products for 2020