In an attempt to relax and distract her, I read from the book What to Expect When You’re Expecting, simultaneously encouraging her to breathe deeply through the pain of her contractions.Adho Mukha Vrksasana Yoga A little over an hour later, the top of a little head appeared between my sister’s legs. It looked so tiny in the hands of the doctor.Adho Mukha Vrksasana Yoga When the shoulders were out, they immediately opened up like wings, and then suddenly she was entirely out and separated from my sister’s body. Her voice was tiny, too, sounding more like the grunt of a tiger cub than a child. Some fluid had gotten into her lungs, and she needed to have it suctioned out. The doctors took her out, and while Cameron, her father, and my mom were out of the room, I sat with my sister as she cried. Together we had witnessed our father’s final breath; and together we witnessed her daughter’s first.
Adho Mukha Vrksasana Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Spine Lengthening Pose