This technique outlined by the Tibetan in Glamour: A World Problem19 is a core foundational practice for disciples reaching towards the Third Initiation and seeking to practice Agni Yoga. I am going to include the entire section here with commentary.
By means of this technique, the soul assumes control of the integrated personality and of its relations, horizontal and vertical. This technique involves the unfolding of the flower of the intuition, dispelling illusion, revealing the Angel, indicating the Presence, and opening up to the disciple the world of ideas and the door of the higher initiations.
Through the disciple’s grasp and application of these divine ideas or seed thoughts, he becomes initiate and the third initiation becomes possible as an immediate goal. The intuition is the applied power of transfiguration. This technique is related to the little known yoga called Agni Yoga or the yoga of fire.
The Technique of the Presence Photo Gallery
“The intuition is the applied power of transfiguration”. This statement runs counter to many modern presentations about the intuition where it is seen as something that occurs without effort and one need but be passive and open to receive it. The Agni yogi precipitates the intuition just as he ‘causes’ synchronicity through the power of his striving at a high point of tension.
It is not personality striving but soul striving that is occurring here. Transfiguration is not so much an event as a process. Anything in the three worlds can be ‘transfigured’ to the extent that the inner life reveals itself through the form. An initiate is able to demand this revelation and therefore reach into the essential significance behind any outer form, be it a thoughtform or physical manifestation. He ‘causes’ synchronicity by demanding that the true underlying coherent pattern of things emerge, and this very emergence of pattern is what we call synchronicity.
The Technique Itself (Quotes from the Tibetan. Commentary and bolding is mine.)
1. The evocation of the stage of tension. This is basic and essential. It is a tension brought about by complete control of the personal self so that it is “fitted for contact with the real.”
Not a small preliminary step. This tension is held at the anja centre as the seat of the integrated personality and is achieved through the mind.
2. The achieving of a state of fusion with the soul or with the Angel which guards the approach to the Path of the Higher Evolution.
This tension is achieved in the causal body where the identity is transferred from mind to soul soul here referring to the descended essence of the triadal solar angel who has built the causal body on higher mental levels but is not confined to it except by free sacrificial Will.
3. The holding of the mind steady in the light of the soul, which remains the attitude of the lower self for the entire remaining period of work, held at the point of tension by the soul and not by an effort of the personality. The soul undertakes this holding when the personal self has done its utmost to achieve the desired tension.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Exploring the Root Chakra: Understanding the Muladhara Energy Center
- Understanding Vipassana Meditation: A Guide to Inner Peace and Enlightenment
- Understanding Kundalini Energy and the Seven Chakras for Spiritual Awakening
- Cultivating Self-Compassion: Tips and Strategies to Nurture a Kind Inner Voice
- Understanding How to Relate to Challenging Thoughts and Emotions