Bikram Yoga Poses Poster
Stomach function (Western Medicine)
– Receives food from the esophagus.
– Stomach secretes acids and enzymes to aid digestion.
– Muscles (rugae) line the stomach and contract periodically to churn the food.
– A valve called the pyloric sphincter opens to release the churned up food into the small intestine for the next stage of digestion.
Spleen Function (Western Medicine)
– Involved in supporting many other organs in the body.
– Acts primarily as a filter of blood which supports the immune system.
– Replaces blood cells, platelets and stores white blood cells Pancreas Function (Western Medicine)
– Has two primary functions: a digestive gland and an endocrine gland.
– Produces and secretes important enzymes into the small intestine for digestion.
– Produces and secretes hormones insulin and glucagon into the bloodstream to regulate blood glucose levels.