Chest Opening Yoga Poses
Food / Oriental Diet Therapy ~ Late Summer
During late summer, the following foods and methods are recommended for nourishing and supporting the organs:
Method of Cooking: Soups, stews, baking and slow cooking Grains: Whole grains, rice, oats, roasted barley, sweet rice, spelt, miller
Vegetables: Pumpkin, sweet potatoes, squash, carrots, corn, parsnips, yams, peas, onions, leeks, garlic, mushrooms
Beans and Nuts: Chick peas, black beans, kidney beans, fava beans, walnuts Meat: Small amounts of chicken, beef, lamb, goose, mackerel, tuna, eel, catfish Herbs and Seasonings: Black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, fennel Fruit Sugars: Barley malt, dates, figs, cherries, sugar cane Avoid / Reduce
– Raw fruits and raw vegetables
– Refined sugars, chocolate
– Ice-cream, smoothies & ice water
– Alcohol (a little warm wine is ok)
Herbs to Support the Stomach and Spleen
Here is a list of herbs that support the main organs involved in keeping the stomach and spleen healthy. Taking herbs alongside a healthy lifestyle that incorporates yoga will provide more effective results. Just taking herbs without engaging in other supportive methods often brings little results.
Please seek guidance from a health professional (naturopath, herbalist, Chinese herbalist, Chinese medicine practitioner) for more information about correct dosages or for treating specific conditions.
Chest Opening Yoga Poses Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss