This pose is called Child’s Pose because it will help you develop a beginner’s mind. This pose soothes the whole nervous system and calms the mind. You can return to it any time you need a break during a session. It’s also a great way to start your practice.
QUALITY Grounding EFFECT Tranquility PROPS Blanket under the knees (optional) GAZE Internal
1 Come on to your hands and knees. Send your hips back toward your heels, laying your chest on the tops of your thighs. Stretch your arms forward and rest your head on the ground with your eyes closed. Another variation is to stretch your arms back by your sides and release your hands by your heels for a deeper restorative experience.
2 Take 5 long, deep breaths, slowing down to a 4-count inhale and a 4-count exhale. With each exha send your sit bones down toward your heels to release the lower back.
Child’s Yoga Pose Balasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss