Legs Up the Chair
Inversions • 5 to 10 minutes
Square eighth-fold blanket
- Inverting is contraindicated for pregnancy, hernia, severe acid reflux, brain injuries, glaucoma, and high blood pressure.
- Supports your body in a gentle, simple inversion without irritating your hamstrings.
- Softens your hip flexor muscles.
- Can alleviate swollen feet and tired legs.
- . Using your hands for support, lean back and draw both calves up onto the chair seat, then ease yourself down onto your back.
- . Support your head with the blanket and release your arms by your sides.
- . Remain in Legs Up the Chair for 5 to 10 minutes. To exit, draw your knees in and roll to one side. Press yourself up to a sitting position.
This is another pose you can do anywhere there’s a chair. If you have a long layover, find an empty gate and use one of the seats to experience a little bliss on a stressful travel day.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Pose : Seated Meditation Pose
- Yoga Poses: Single Leg Up the Chair
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Heart Pose with a Chair
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Legs Up the Bolster
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Half Frog