High Lunge Yoga Pose
Utthita Ashwa Sanchalanasana
High Lunge increases strength in the thighs and back body, or back side of the body. It also opens the groin and hip flexors.
QUALITY Grounding, energizing EFFECT Flexibility, strength PROPS None GAZE Forward and slightly up
1 Follow all the steps for Low Lunge Pose. Then reach your arms forward and up as your hips continue to drop down. Reach up to the sky.
2 Bend your left knee a little to allow your hips to release down and to lengthen your lower back and stretch your left hip flexor.
3 Lift your rib cage, soften your lower ribs in, and reach up actively with your arms. Draw your shoulders down and away from your ears to lengthen your neck.
4 Keep your gaze steady and forward and take 3 breaths. Reach up higher with each inhale, and sink your hips downward as you continue to reach the inner left thigh up.
5 Step forward with the left leg. Repeat on the other side by stepping back with the right leg.
High Lunge Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss