“People are often aware that the essential fatty acid omega-3 is important for healthy blood flow, joints and brain function, but they may be unaware of the proven benefits of this nutrient for general eye health.
I Want To Keep My Vision In Tip-Top Condition What Foods Should I Eat? Photo Gallery
Our increasing reliance on cereals, processed foods, vegetable oils and spreads means that most people lack healthy levels of omega-3. “To promote healthy eyes and reduce the risk of conditions such as dry eye disease, you should boost your intake of omega-3 by eating foods such as sardines, salmon and mackerel. Include dark leafy greens such as spinach or kale in the mix as they contain the antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin.
Both of these antioxidants can help your vision and are key components of the macula, which helps your central vision. High levels of lutein and zeaxanthin are also found in eggs. These antioxidants are also easily absorbed by the body and help protect eyes against the damage caused by ultraviolet radiation from the sun.”
Maybe You Like Them Too
- 10 Things Most Of Us Don’t Do When Trying To Achieve A Goal But Should
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences How To Rehabilitate A Sprained Knee
- What are the signs that your baby isn’t getting enough sleep?
- Yoga Practice Beginners How To Arch Support
- 10 Yoga Poses For Beginners That Will Help You Recognize Your Strength