1. Prepare a padded surface, such as a yoga mat or a folded blanket or towel. Begin by sitting upright with your legs extended in front of you. Bring your left leg into a kneeling position so your foot is alongside your left thigh. Bend your right knee and place the foot on the floor close to your groin. Place your right arm against the inside of the right leg, so that your shoulder is against your knee. Grasp the outside of the right foot with your right hand, and the inside with your left hand.
2. Lean back slightly to lengthen the front of your torso, and on an inhalation raise your right leg so it is angled about 45 degrees to the floor. As you improve at this pose you may be able to raise your foot slightly higher than your head.
3. Remain in this position for at least 30 seconds, or several breaths, increasing the duration as your ability increases. Return to your beginning position and then repeat on the other side for the same duartion.
This pose stretches the hamstrings, strengthens the core muscles and stimulates the organs of the abdomen.
Krounchasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences To Cultivate Contentment
- 10 Yoga Poses That Strengthen Your Glutes
- The 10 Best Yoga Poses For Golf
- 5 Yoga Poses To Ease Your Digestion
- The Best Arm Workout Yoga Poses For Strong Biceps