A mudra, meaning a seal or lock, is a certain position or a definite way the fingers are held.
Vishnu Mudra Position
With your right hand, extend the thumb, ring finger, and little finger, then fold the middle and index fingers toward your palm. Your left hand remains inactive at your side or on your left knee.
Vishnu mudra may seem kind of strange, and maybe you feel a little uncomfortable blocking off your nostrils with your fingers in the name of breathing. You don’t have to do this in a restaurant or phone booth; save it for yoga class or the privacy of your own home. The best way to acquaint yourself with this basic mudra is to practice with the Single Nostril Breathing Exercise (see page 49).
Mudras Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold