Contract your upper back muscles, and move the shoulder blades One-Legged King Pigeon Pose Yogain toward the spine. 1Now you are ready to lift up into the pose curl up One-Legged King Pigeon Pose Yogawith your head and chest, keeping your shoulders back.
Press carefully down through your arms to lift more, but keep your arms bent and the upper arms and shoulders back. 1Come up to the height that feels right to you, expanding forward with freedom Keep pushing the thighs apart into the resistance of the belt.
Stay up for several breaths, then soften and release down. Purpose: To integrate and protect the sacroiliac joint by bringing the thigh bones femurs deeper in the hip sockets and toning the lower back muscles as the sacrum and spine lift up. Contraindication: Spondylolisthesis.
One-Legged King Pigeon Pose Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Spine Lengthening Pose