Supported Half Frog
Hip Opener • 3 to 5 minutes per side
Bolster (or 2 rolled blankets or a large pillow)
Long eighth-fold blanket
- Gently stretches your groin and inner thigh muscles.
- Helps relieve lower back pain and menstrual pain.
Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Half Frog Photo Gallery
- . Come to your hands and knees with the bolster vertically in front of you. Place the blanket to the right of the bolster.
- . Lower your hips and torso onto the bolster.
- . Keep your left leg extended behind you and bend your right knee to the side so you can rest it on the blanket.
- . Your knee should be bent to roughly 90 degrees and in line with your hip.
- . Place one cheek on the bolster and gently wrap your arms around the far end of the bolster.
- . Remain in Supported Half Frog for 3 to 5 minutes. To exit, press your hands down, slide your right knee back, and return to hands and knees. Change sides to repeat the pose on the other side.
If you experience pain or discomfort in your inner thigh or hip, draw your knee up higher toward your armpit.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Legs Up the Bolster
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold