Seated Twist Yoga Pose
• Severely traumatized nails or nails repeatedly damaged may remain deformed permanently. They can be removed through an office surgical procedure, if necessary.
• Some who have their big toe nails removed feel sensitive at the end of the toe on top. Most are quite relieved to have the thick nail eliminated.
• Women with pedicures and artistic nail polish tend to delay trimming their nails and increase the chance of nail damage.
• When a new nail grows in, it can hide beneath a damaged nail for weeks before the damaged nail becomes loose and begins separating. The leading edge of the new nail looks like a hump, but behind the hump is a normal nail.
Photo Gallery of Seated Twist Yoga Pose
Click to on Photo for Next Seated Twist Yoga Pose Images
The sharper leading edge does not have to slide over the old nail bed skin. Both grow out together at the same speed.
• A doctor (podiatrist especially) can treat the nail and usually speed the recovery. Podiatrists can also help to maintain damaged nails while the trauma is eliminated, breaking the damage cycle. On-going personal maintenance is necessary to prevent damage from regular workouts. A pedicure may help, but usually does not produce the level of thinness needed.
• Usually, only a couple of days are needed to recover from nail damage – unless medical treatment was required.
• Further damage may occur and other Yoga Injuries are possible due to compensating, and yoga abnormally.