Setu Bandha Sarvangasana
2. Exhale, and push your tailbone upwards, whilst pressing down with your feet and arms, lifting your buttocks off the floor. Extend your arms beneath you.
3. Lift your buttocks up until your thighs are approximately parallel to the floor. Keep your knees directly above your heels, but push them forwards and away from the hips.
4. Stay in this for over 30 seconds, then exhale and release, slowly rolling the spine down onto the floor.
This pose stretches the chest, neck and spine. It also has a calming effect that can help relieve stress and mild depression, while improving digestion and relieving the symptoms of menopause. It can have therapeutic effects for anxiety, fatigue, high blood pressure, insomnia and backache.
Setu Bandha Sarvangasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- YOGA POSE HAMSTRING HELP
- Flatten Your Turn And Strengthen Your Back In Just Four Yoga Poses
- YOGA: REGAIN YOUR BODY BALANCE
- Full Body Workout At Home Without Equipment
- Europe’s Most Popular Yoga-Streaming Site