Standing Forward Bend Yoga Pose
This Yoga Pose calms and soothes the mind while releasing tension from the back and spine and increasing flexibility in the backs of the legs. It also tones the internal organs through a slight compression, promoting digestion.
QUALITY Calming EFFECT Cleansing, flexibility PROPS Blocks GAZE Internal
1 Start in Mountain Yoga Pose Pose. Inhale your arms up and exhale to fold forward over your legs, hinging at the hips. Bend your knees as much as you need to to lay your chest on your thighs. Place your hands on the ground or on blocks.
2 Shift slightly forward to evenly distribute your weight on your feet. Lift the front of your thighs as you stretch the backs of your legs.
3 Keep a slight bend in the knees to avoid hyperextending them. Keep your thighs engaged while completely releasing your spine and softening your belly, face, and jaw.
4 Inhale to lift the chest slightly away from the legs and exhale to release into the Yoga Pose a bit deeper. Stay here for 3 to 5 breaths.
Standing Forward Bend Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss