Before assuming this pose find a comfortable place on the floor. Make sure you are not too cold or too hot. The room should be quiet.
1. Sit on the floor and fold your legs, right foot just under your left leg between the calf and the foot, and left foot under your right leg between the calf and the foot. This should be comfortable, not strained. Let your knees drop only as far as comfortable.
Note: If you cannot sit on the floor or find crossing your legs even slightly uncomfortable or painful, try sitting straight in a chair. If you have back problems, try putting your back against a wall for support when sitting.
2. Keep your spine erect.
3. Keep your chest erect, head forward, and shoulders back.
4. Place your hands gently on your kneecaps.
5. Close your eyes and breathe.
Sukhasana Easy Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Qualities of Pranayama
- The Four Bodies Yoga
- Can I Feel My Prana Flowing?
- Pranayama Yoga