Angostura Bark, Cuspara Bark
Angostura is the old name for the Venezuelan town on the Orinoco River now called Ciudad Bolivar. It gave its name to angostura bitters, which was originally a medicine for fever invented by a Doctor Siegert during the last century. His recipe has become the famous angostura bitters of today. These bitters are made in Trinidad and are said to consist of cinnamon and cloves, mace and nutmeg, orange and lemon peel, together with prunes crushed with their stones, quinine and rum.
Angostura is an excellent aromatic bitters and apart from its use in pink gin and champagne cocktails can be used to give a touch of aromatic bitterness to iced fruit dishes, ice creams and cups. It is also a good cure for hiccups, sprinkled generously on a slice of lemon which has been covered with sugar.
What’s Angostura Bitters? Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss