Single Leg Up the Chair
Hip Opener • 5 to 7 minutes per side
- Releases your hip flexor and groin muscles.
- Helps relieve lower back, hip, and knee pain.
- Supports your pelvis in a neutral alignment.
Extend your right leg out long, in between the legs of the chair. Place your hands behind you and lean back enough to gently swing your left leg up onto the chair seat.
. Carefully lie back with your right leg extended on the ground between the chair legs, and the left calf resting on the chair seat. Release your arms by your sides.
. Remain here for 5 to 7 minutes. To exit the pose, use your left foot to gently slide the chair out of your way, roll to one side, and press yourself up to a sitting position, then repeat the pose on the other side.
Hip flexor muscles like the poses are sometimes contracted because they’re compensating for patterns of instability in your core, spine, or breath, and deep stretching doesn’t always help. In this pose, focus on simply releasing your hip flexors and abdomen and notice how your breath opens up in response.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Pose : Seated Meditation Pose
- Easy Yoga Poses – Legs Up the Chair
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Heart Pose with a Chair
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Legs Up the Bolster
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Half Frog