Aero Pilates Exercises
Into the Exercise (positive lift)
Step 1: Take a dumbbell in each hand, and stand upright with your feet directly under your hips with arms hanging straight down at your sides. Lift your chest, take a deep breath, then curl up your toes and tighten your abdominal and buttocks muscles.
Step 2: While holding your breath, lift your hands to shoulder level without moving your elbows backward. Then continue to Step 3 without pausing.
Step 3: Raise your arms high above your head, keeping your hands a shoulder width apart and the dumbbells parallel to each other throughout the motion until you lock your elbows.
Step 4: Pause and then shift your weight back onto your heels, simultaneously stretching your arms toward the ceiling and slightly tipping your wrists backward so that the dumbbells are higher in the front than in the back. Hold your balance for two seconds.
Out of the Exercise (negative lift):
Step 5: In one continuous movement, release the stretch, return your feet to their normal standing position, lower your arms to the starting position without moving your elbows backward, and exhale as you uncurl your toes and release the tension in your abdominal and buttocks muscles.
Aero Pilates Exercises Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Virabhadrasana A: The Warrior Pose of Empowerment
- Embracing the Essence of Wide Legged Forward Bend: A Deep Dive
- Unlocking the Power of Prasarita Padottanasana: The Wide-Legged Forward Bend
- The Power and Elegance of the Wide Legged Forward Bend II Yoga Pose
- Mastering the Warrior II Pose: A Deep Dive into Its Benefits and Techniques