Baby Cobra Yoga Pose
This pose is a simple backbend that opens the chest and shoulders while strengthening and toning the upper back and buttocks. It’s part of the Full Sun Salutation series Pose, but can also be practiced alone.
QUALITY Energizing EFFECT Openness, strength PROPS None GAZE Up
1 Begin by lying facedown on the ground. Draw your legs together. Bend your elbows and place you hands by your upper ribs. Draw your elbows toward each other to lift the shoulders. Press strongly into your hands to lift your head, shoulders, and chest off the ground as you inhale.
2 Keep your chin slightly down to lengthen the back of your neck. Turn your gaze upward between your eyebrows.
3 Stay for about 3 breaths, pressing your weight into your hands and the tops of your feet.
4 Lower your head down and press back into a Child’s Pose Pose or Downward-Facing Dog Pose.
Baby Cobra Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Pregnant And Don’t Feel Like Exercising?
- How To Choose The Best Workout For Your State Of Mind
- THE CLASSIC YOGA EXERCISES
- Want To Kick-Start Your Fitness Plan This Year? Here’S How To Find The Right Gym For You
- Want Of Shiring Your Belly? Here’How To Run For Weight Loss