Bidala means “cat.”
Strengthens abdomen; alleviates backaches. This is a good all-around pose and can be done during pregnancy.
1. Get down on all fours and look straight ahead. Make sure your arms are even with your shoulders.
2. Exhale and arch upward, head bent, like a cat when frightened. The lower back will be flat, the head looking down toward the abdomen. Breathe naturally.
3. Inhale and arch downward, curving the lower back.
4. Lift your head up and breathe naturally.
5. Relax and repeat six times.
Photo Gallery of Bidalasana (The Cat Pose)
Click to on Photo for Next Bidalasana (The Cat Pose) Images