Each of the seven major chakras has a corresponding color, and each chakra represents specific emotions or qualities. Here’s a simple chart of the chakras’ characteristics.
Chakra Color Quality
First Chakra Security and roots
Second Chakra Red Sexuality and emotions
Third Orange Our sense of self
Chakra Yellow Love, devotion,
Fourth Green compassion
Chakra Fifth Chakra Blue Communication, knowledge
Sixth Chakra Indigo Intuition
Seventh Chakra Crystalline Union with the divine, or self-realizationization; and physically with the eyes, ears, nose, and brain. This is the sun chakra, the brilliance of a pure consciousness. When out of balance, confusion and irritability may dominate. The endocrine gland associated with Ajna is the pituitary. Before one can tap into intuitive powers, excess mental activity in this chakra must be cleared.
Characteristics of the Seven Major Chakras Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Poses That Can Help Endometriosis Sufferers
- What are the signs that your baby isn’t getting enough sleep?
- Balance Yoga For Chickens Relaxing Your Inner Cheek
- Teach Doing Yoga Therapy Safely Part I: Getting Started
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences 6 Yoga Poses Basketball Players Coaches Fans