1. Sit in the Easy Pose and place one hand on your abdomen and the other hand slightly above it on your rib cage.
2. As you breathe in, feel the abdomen expand with one hand and the air move up through your lungs with the other hand.
3. Exhale and feel your chest move in slightly and notice your abdomen contract.
Single-Nostril Breathing Exercise
1. Sitting in the Easy Pose, make the Vishnu mudra with your right hand.
2. Bring it to your right nostril and close off the right nostril with your thumb.
3. Inhale through the left nostril.
4. Hold for the count of four and exhale.
5. Repeat five to eight times.
6. Then using the right hand, which is still forming the Vishnu mudra, close off the left nostril with the ring and little fingers.
7. Inhale through the right nostril and count to four and exhale.
8. Repeat five to eight times.
Full-Breath Yoga Exercise Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold