Here's a breathing exercise that will help you physically feel the fullness of your breath.
1. Sit in the Easy Pose and place one hand on your abdomen and the other hand slightly above it on your rib cage.
2. As you breathe in, feel the abdomen expand with one hand and the air move up through your lungs with the other hand.
3. Exhale and feel your chest move in slightly and notice your abdomen contract.
Single-Nostril Breathing Exercise
Photo Gallery of Full-Breath Yoga Exercise
Click to on Photo for Next Full-Breath Yoga Exercise Images
Sitting in the Easy Pose, make the Vishnu mudra with your right hand.
2. Bring it to your right nostril and close off the right nostril with your thumb.
3. Inhale through the left nostril.
4. Hold for the count of four and exhale.
5. Repeat five to eight times.
6. Then using the right hand, which is still forming the Vishnu mudra, close off the left nostril with the ring and little fingers.
7. Inhale through the right nostril and count to four and exhale.
8. Repeat five to eight times.