The fourth chakra is Anahata and it means “unstuck.” It is depicted as a green lotus with twelve petals. It is physically associated with the heart and the circulatory, lymphatic, respiratory, and immune systems. The endocrine association is the thymus. This is the heart chakra, and it rests in the cardiac region or chest. The Anahata chakra is the center of compassion. It is the balancing chakra between the lower and upper chakras. Here is where one experiences love or hate, compassion or emotional restriction. Love has many different natures. It can be restricted or demanding, or it can be passionate or unconditional. When one’s heart is not open or is in pain, the body, mind, and spirit cannot attain balance. The element for Anahata is air.
The Fourth Chakra Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold