The third chakra is Manipura, and it means “city of jewels.” It is represented by ten bright yellow lotus petals. Manipura is located in the solar-plexus area of the body, below the heart. The element of the third chakra is fire, the provider of vital energy. This is the meeting point in which prana, the upward moving vital energy, and apana, a downward moving vital energy, link. Heat in the body is generated from this point. This is also the center of desire and emotion, ego and personal power. In the physical body, this is the spot where digestion and food absorption occur, which affect the stomach, duodenum, gall bladder, and liver. The endocrine gland associated with this chakra is the pancreas.
The Third Chakra Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold