Forward Bend – Paschimottanasana
Main benefit – Opens the back of the body and draws energy inside.
1. Sit on the floor or up on some folded blankets (like I am in this picture).
2. Sitting up nice and tall, inhale to raise your arms up and create length in your spine, then as you exhale draw your arms, torso and head forward and down.
Photo Gallery of Forward Bend – Paschimottanasana
Click to on Photo for Next Forward Bend – Paschimottanasana Images
3. Take your time to get into this one. Let your arms rest wherever they may.
4. Keep focusing on releasing your head and neck toward the floor. Close your eyes if you like.
5. Hold for many breaths and when ready to come out, simply roll yourself up, back into a sitting with your spine straight.