Forward Bend – Paschimottanasana
Main benefit – Opens the back of the body and draws energy inside.
1. Sit on the floor or up on some folded blankets (like I am in this picture).
2. Sitting up nice and tall, inhale to raise your arms up and create length in your spine, then as you exhale draw your arms, torso and head forward and down.
3. Take your time to get into this one. Let your arms rest wherever they may.
4. Keep focusing on releasing your head and neck toward the floor. Close your eyes if you like.
5. Hold for many breaths and when ready to come out, simply roll yourself up, back into a sitting with your spine straight.
Forward Bend – Paschimottanasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold