Forward Bend – Uttanasana
Main benefit – Opens the back of the body and draws energy inside.
1. Bring both feet hip width apart at the front of the mat.
2. As you inhale, bring both hands above your head as you stand to lengthen yourself out, then as you exhale, soften your arms, bend your knees and draw your torso down toward the floor into the forward bend.
3. Make sure your knees are a little bent, so you can focus on relaxing your head, neck and arms.
4. Stay for a few breaths, closing your eyes if you like.
5. To come up, bend into your knees, tuck your tailbone under and start to roll yourself up into a standing position.