Not long after Hittleman’s successful program on yoga, a housewife by the name of Lilias Folan launched her PBS series Lilias, Yoga & You, in 1970. Her popularity soared, and yoga gained an even wider audience.
Folan authored Lilias, Yoga and Your Life. Both Richard Hittleman’s and Lilias Folan’s enthusiasm for yoga encouraged millions of people to investigate and practice yoga.
By the late 1970s and early 180s yoga was inching its way into universities, churches, and community centers. Hundreds of yoga centers and ashrams, most of them practicing something called hatha yoga, sprouted across America.
Since that time yoga has mushroomed. Countless yoga centers, community centers, YMCAs, and fitness facilities now teach yoga.
Lilias Folan Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge
- Yoga Poses for Relaxation: Supported Forward Fold