Not long after Hittleman’s successful program on yoga, a housewife by the name of Lilias Folan launched her PBS series Lilias, Yoga & You, in 1970. Her popularity soared, and yoga gained an even wider audience.
Folan authored Lilias, Yoga and Your Life. Both Richard Hittleman’s and Lilias Folan’s enthusiasm for yoga encouraged millions of people to investigate and practice yoga.
By the late 1970s and early 180s yoga was inching its way into universities, churches, and community centers. Hundreds of yoga centers and ashrams, most of them practicing something called hatha yoga, sprouted across America.
Since that time yoga has mushroomed. Countless yoga centers, community centers, YMCAs, and fitness facilities now teach yoga.
Lilias Folan Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold