Retention is the next component in pranayama. It is not the same as holding your breath as you might do underwater or when you have the hiccups. In pranayama one retains the breath between inhalation and exhalation. This helps to lengthen the breathing cycle and extend the inhalation slightly. Retention creates greater respiratory capacity and concentration.
Retention Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences Level Beginners Sequences Free Spirit
- Yoga Poses 3 Ways To Modify Supta Padangusthasana
- Yoga Practice Beginners 5 Steps Strong Alignment Revolved Chair Pose
- Yoga Poses Types Arm Balances Flight Plan
- Yoga Practice Beginners How To For Beginners Janu Sirsasana