Retention is the next component in pranayama. It is not the same as holding your breath as you might do underwater or when you have the hiccups. In pranayama one retains the breath between inhalation and exhalation. This helps to lengthen the breathing cycle and extend the inhalation slightly. Retention creates greater respiratory capacity and concentration.
Retention Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Why Do Those Micro Movements In Pilates Classes Burn Like Crazy?
- 7 Power Yoga Poses to Help You Pain
- 6 Best Ways for a Safe Yoga Practice
- What Can You Do To Avoid Yoga-Induced Harm?
- Is It Safe to Yoga During Pregnancy?