Retention is the next component in pranayama. It is not the same as holding your breath as you might do underwater or when you have the hiccups. In pranayama one retains the breath between inhalation and exhalation. This helps to lengthen the breathing cycle and extend the inhalation slightly. Retention creates greater respiratory capacity and concentration.
Retention Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga for Emotional Resilience 5 Poses to Cultivate Equanimity
- Bhujangasana The Cobra Pose That Will Strengthen Your Back and Core
- Yoga for Emotional Wellness 5 Practices to Find Joy
- Yoga for Emotional Balance Find Your Zest for Life
- Stillness in Motion Yoga for Moving MeditationA Guide to Finding Peace and Tranquility in the Chaos of Modern Life