Retention is the next component in pranayama. It is not the same as holding your breath as you might do underwater or when you have the hiccups. In pranayama one retains the breath between inhalation and exhalation. This helps to lengthen the breathing cycle and extend the inhalation slightly. Retention creates greater respiratory capacity and concentration.
Retention Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Nutrition for Health, Fitness and Yoga
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Gentle Open Twist
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Reclining Pigeon
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Supported Straddle Forward Fold
- Restorative Yoga Poses : Extended Supported Bridge