WAYS TO AVOID EXCESS ENERGY (CALORIE) INTAKE
2. Pay attention to portion size. Moderation is key.
3. Eat lots and lots of fruits and vegetables.
4. Drink plenty of water. Skip sweetened beverages. Don’t supersize soft drinks (sodas).
5. Follow nutritional guidelines (see here) when it comes to eating foods that are very high in added sugar, saturated fat, and/or trans fat. Occasional means “sparingly.” Every once in a while. Not often.
6. Pay attention toand followyour hunger cues. Eat when you’re hungryand stop when you’re full.
7. Please also pay attention to the effects that advertising may be having on you. There’s a difference between being hungry and having an urge to eat (see here).
WAYS TO AVOID EXCESS ENERGY CALORIE INTAKE Photo Gallery
Do you have a friend who seems totally stressed about eating or not eating? Are
you? If so, tell your parent, teacher, or another trusted adult.
Sometimes, emotional problems take the form of extremely negative behaviors
related to food and physical activity
These kinds of problems always require help from a mental health care professional (see here).
*Read labels and try to get low-sodium soups whenever possible! Ask permission before using the stove (see here).
Smell the intoxicating scent of a warm, squishy cinnamon bun as you walk through the mall? Hey! You! It’s callin’ your name!
Food choices are influenced by such a wide range of thingsfrom TV commercials to friends and family to neighborhood stores and local restaurants to vending machines and school cafeterias.
Choices are also influenced by the media and advertising.
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Give Your Bathroom The Spatreatment
- Energy From Plants
- Life Coach Gabi Lowe
- How To Use A Pilates Ball
- Losses of Social Media and Series