Yoga was carried to this country by yoga mavericks or masters who founded their own distinct styles of hatha yoga and were both adept and persistent in their teachings. Within America, there have also been Americans who have discovered new approaches and styles of teaching yoga.
Restorative yoga is a gentle style of yoga that uses props to facilitate relaxation as well as help support the body in the asana. Isn’t all yoga restorative? Yes, yoga is designed to help the individual feel integrated or whole as well as relaxed. And in most traditional hatha yoga classes, the sessions begin with active poses, such as the Sun Salutation or forward-bending poses. The classes typically wind down with restful or restorative poses. In restorative yoga, however, all the poses or asana are restorative in nature.
Emerging Styles of Yoga Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Yoga Poses That Can Help Endometriosis Sufferers
- What are the signs that your baby isn’t getting enough sleep?
- Balance Yoga For Chickens Relaxing Your Inner Cheek
- Teach Doing Yoga Therapy Safely Part I: Getting Started
- Yoga Practice Yoga Sequences 6 Yoga Poses Basketball Players Coaches Fans