Dandasana Yoga Pose
Wood Element Stimulation and Harmonization
– Wood element likes to move so keep the body moving to avoid stagnation. Going for a walk can often be enough.
– Reduce or avoid alcohol, coffee, BBQ’d foods and smoking.
– De-clutter your environment, remove the non-essentials – spring clean
– Launch into new projects
– Get to bed before 11pm and wake early
– Lemon water on rising Water Element Nourishment
– Keep cool. Cold showers and laying down to rest in the hottest part of the day can help to keep you cool
– Meditation, stillness and quiet time
– Good quality sleep
– Look after your kidneys with good quality water and keep hydrated
– Eat plenty of root vegetables
Food / Oriental Diet Therapy ~ Summer
Herbs and Seasonings (only if lacking fire): black pepper, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, fennel Avoid / Reduce
– Roasted, fried and deep fried foods
– Coffee and Chocolate
– Excess salt
– Ice-cream & ice water
Dandasana Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
Herbs to Support the Heart and Small Intestine
Here is a list of herbs that support the main organs involved in keeping the Heart and Small Intestine healthy.
Please seek guidance from a health professional (naturopath, herbalist, Chinese herbalist, Chinese medicine practitioner) for more information about correct dosages or for treating specific conditions.
Ginseng – Tones Qi and blood and supports the overall health and vitality of all organs
Ginko Biloba – Nourishes blood and increases blood flow to heart and brain
5-HTP – An amino acid (protein) that is very affective as an anti-depressant and helps people sleep
Acetyl L Carnetine – Invigorates mental function and works great as a natural energy motivator
Magnesium Citrate – Relaxes muscles throughout the body including the heart muscle. Helps to relax, sleep and recover.