Dolphin Yoga Pose
Ardha Pincha Mayurasana
Dolphin Yoga Pose is a great preparation for Forearm Stand Pose and Headstand Pose. It helps develop strength and flexibility in the arms, shoulders, and chest to support your head and the delicate vertebrae of the neck. It ’s also a good way to prepare for backbends, opening the back of the heart, shoulders, thoracic spine, and legs.
QUALITY Grounding, calming EFFECT Strength, flexibility, stability PROPS None GAZE Toward your feet
1 Begin on your hands and knees. Move your forearms down to the ground, with your elbows under your shoulders and your wrists in line with your elbows. Roll down your inner wrists and press your thumbs down as you rotate your shoulders back and away from your ears to widen your chest and collarbone.
2 Tuck your toes under and lift your knees off the ground and your hips toward the sky.
3 Keep your knees slightly bent and press your chest toward your thighs as you continue to draw you shoulders away from your ears. Draw your chin in toward your throat to lengthen the back of your neck, and stay here for up to 5 breaths.
Dolphin Yoga Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold