Forward Bend – Uttanasana
Main benefit – Opens the back of the body and draws energy inside.
1. Bring both feet hip width apart at the front of the mat.
2. As you inhale, bring both hands above your head as you stand to lengthen yourself out, then as you exhale, soften your arms, bend your knees and draw your torso down toward the floor into the forward bend.
3. Make sure your knees are a little bent, so you can focus on relaxing your head, neck and arms.
4. Stay for a few breaths, closing your eyes if you like.
5. To come up, bend into your knees, tuck your tailbone under and start to roll yourself up into a standing position.
Forward Bend – Uttanasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold