Main benefit – Opens the psoas muscle, the front of the body and strengthens
2. Make sure your front ankle is either just in front of or directly underneath your front knee.
3. Open your heart up and bring your arms out to the side, and then bring them up above your head. In this picture, the hands are shoulder width apart – this makes it easier to relax the shoulders down away from the ears. You can bring your hands together too if that feels more natural.
4. Allow your lower back to lengthen and gently work your hips forward and down toward the floor, opening the front of your left hip.
5. After a few breaths, bring your torso and your arms down toward the floor, tuck your back toe under and step to the front of the mat, returning to your forward bend at the front of the mat. the back. the front of the mat. Then the floor, the top of your
6. Repeat on the other side.