One Legged Forward Bend – Janu Sirsasana
Main benefit – Opens the back of the legs and the back of the body.
1. Sitting on the floor or up on some folded blankets, bring your left leg out in front and bend your right knee so you can place your right foot on the inside of your left. leg.
2. As you inhale, raise your arms above your head and lengthen out your spine, then as you exhale, draw your arms, torso and head forward and down the midline of your body.
3. Let your arms rest wherever they are comfortable. Stay for many breaths, using your inhalation to lengthen the spine and the exhalation to soften forward and down.
4. After some time then allow your back to round as your neck and head soften toward the floor. Enjoy this different style of stretching for a few breaths.
5. To come out, slowly roll yourself back up to a sitting position with your back straight.
One Legged Forward Bend – Janu Sirsasana Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Unlocking the Benefits of Ardha Baddha Padmottanasana: A Guide to Half Bound Lotus Forward Bend
- Mastering Uttanasana: Dive Deep into the Forward Fold