Pilates Exercise Ball
This exercise has three purposes. First, it will strengthen your lumbar muscles. Second, it will enhance the flexibility of your back. Third, it will enhance your neck’s range of motion by stretching your trapezius, sternocleidomastoid, rib cage, and related muscles.
Levels of Difficulty
Level 1: Perform step 1a, which is identical to step 1 except with your with your elbows bent upward at 90 degrees. Perform step 1b, using your arms to raise your upper body so that your nose is a few inches from the floor. Then, turning your head in the opposite direction, return to your position in step 1a.
Level 2: Perform steps 1 and 2b. Keeping your arms relaxed and your hands and feet touching the floor, raise your upper body about a quarter as much as in step
2. Then perform step 4.
Level 3: Perform steps 1 and 2a. Keeping your arms relaxed and your hands and feet touching the floor, raise your upper body about half as much as in step 2.
Then perform step 4.
Level 4: Perform steps 1, 2, and 4.
Level 5: Perform steps 1-4.
Pilates Exercise Ball Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Unraveling the Graceful Balance: Exploring the Revolved Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Benefits of the Goddess Pose