Sit on the floor with your legs straight out in front of you and your arms behind you with your hands flat on the floor, supporting you with your fingers pointed forward and spread for maximum stability. Point your feet and place them next to each other so that your big toes are touching. Twist your legs inwards so that you are turning your knees towards each other; you should feel this rotation in your hips.
Taking the weight on your hands, and inhaling, push your hips forward and lift up, straightening your arms so that your whole body is lifted off the ground and your weight is supported on your hands and feet. Keep your lower belly pulled in, your leg muscles strong and allow your head to fall back. Exhale as you lower yourself slowly back down to the mat.
Purvottanasana Pose Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Unraveling the Graceful Balance: Exploring the Revolved Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Mastering Serenity: Unleashing the Power of Half Moon Yoga Pose
- Discovering Serenity: Unraveling the Mystique of the Gorilla Yoga Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Goddess Pose
- Utkata Konasana: Exploring the Powerful Benefits of the Goddess Pose